Just wanted to say: Great initiative!

We need this kind of documentation that the manual and API does not
(and probably should not) provide. I see three main kinds of
documentation.
The API = technical info on specific classes, methods, variables and
things.
The Manual = Descriptive info about the framework and its parts.
Tutorials = Guided information in example form.

I think your guide could well become the main big tutorial to get
people started. Much like the first section of the so called "Rails
book" where they go through building a basic application.

/Martin