I use XAMPP on 10.4 -- it works well, as you just edit the httpd.conf
-- I have multiple document roots, the way I do it, and have different
versions of Cake for each project. Annoying fo rupgrading the version
of Cake, but I generally don't do such massive projects that it
hinders me and I like to be able to quickly switch between the
different projects I do have, by jsut changing the httpd.conf (of
XAMPP Apache == also called MAMPP) DocumentRoot.

I do not know MAMP, but XAMPP/MAMPP has a builtin phpmyadmin and you
can switch between php4 and 5 with a single command. It is pretty
sweet.

I use Textmate to edit and CocoaMySQL for the db. Both work well in a
Cake context. currently preparing Leopard Subversion server and will
prbably rethink the way I run off Cake and try and just use one SVN
updateable latest nightly of Cake  to run all my apps.

Luke