> Is the problem with the actual FOLDER structure or is it a URL problem (or
> both)?

The problem seems to be with the folder structure created after baking
which
in turn effects the URL when I try to access my app.

> Ok, here we go, start fresh!
>
>    1. cd htdocs\cake
>    2. cake bake [newapp]
>    3. cd newapp
>    4. cake bake (bake stuff from here)

Followed these steps and experienced the same results unfortunately.

The resulting directory structure after baking looks like this:
htdocs\cake\app_name\views\app_name

And inside this directory are add.ctp, edit.ctp, index.ctp and
view.ctp.

To access http://localhost/cake/newapp would require the files above
be in the root of my view folder, correct? Or am I missing something?
If I
move the files up a level to the "view" directory, this should give me
the
result I'm looking for. Instead I receive the standard cake "home"
page.

The functionality I'm hoping to achieve is to be able to install cake
on any
directory on my server, which is one of the main features mentioned on
the
CakePHP page. If there is a better way to accomplish this I'd like to
know.