On Feb 25, 9:23 am, DragonI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm with you, we have some production tables that use compound keys.
> The app is like 5 years old! Oh well, if we ever convert this over,
> there's this small thing called SQL we'll be using ;)

Exactly.  There's nothing preventing you from manually writing SQL and
putting it in your model files.  Cake's model layer will never
completely eliminate the need for writing SQL, nor was it intended
to.  There will always be edge cases (such as this) where you'll need
to drop down to raw SQL.  Fortunately, we provide facilities for that
as well.

On Feb 25, 8:53 am, Mr-Yellow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So all the threads asking why you can't do compound primary keys are
> just my imagination then...
>
> Cool good to know I'm delusional.

"All the threads"? I count 5.  5 threads out of over 7800 users and
over 45,000 posts.  So for the record: yes, you are delusional.