First make sure you have enabled mod_rewrite and have write
permissions in app/tmp. Then point your webroot to /path/to/cake or to
/path/to/cake/app/webroot (the one you are using shoud work too, but
try another if don't). And if you don't want to read the manual, I
don't think I can help you further. Sorry, but many people have put a
big effort in making good quality docs and you are ignoring it.