I have noticed this happening when baking quite often. Reproducable if
you bake models or controllers when the model contains Data.
Especially large amount of data. I really dunno much about the cake
core to know the real reason. When using an empty database the problem
goes away.
I would suggest increasing the memory limit in you PHP CLI
configuration. In my setup, changing the regular php.ini also works. I
have set it to 24MB, seems to do the trick.