On Mar 7, 5:56 pm, Baz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey, there was information about data sizes or what the application does.
>
> But I have a fairly simple app running off of a practically empty database,
> that averages 10 MB. So again, I'm simply saying 16MB isn't enough for any
> substantial PHP app.
>
> I never said that you shouldn't try to optimize, but 16 MB?? IMO, not
> enough.

    Thanks for your follow-up. AFAIU, memory limit is for the script
http://in2.php.net/ini.core#ini.memory-limit; not the application as a
whole. Less memory limit is usually advised to avoid crashing PHP
(e.g., str_repeat('x', 9999999999999), IIRC.

    IIRC, for the memory problem in CakePHP, someone suggested to pass
the DB object to view than dumping the whole array in controller and
get that array passed to view or to use limit.

--
  <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com    Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/