Hi Adam,

I have done both the find() (eg $referrers = $this->User->Referrer-
>find('list', array('fields' =>
array('id','first_name','last_name')));) and the $displayField.

For this particular form relating to the user, i track their referral
source and type (eg, Adam Royle, CakeConvention (both belongsTo)) and
a relationship they have with any entities (director of SleekGeek,
consultant to BondsAustralia (HABTM)). Using the $displayField (and
even if i could get afterFind() to work), I dont know how to use it
for each view (redeclare $displayField).

Looking at my my view and index views, i am extracting all the data I
need its just a matter of being able to display it in the add and edit
views in the options for a drop down select.

Not bagging the efforts of others, but the documentation is limited
and all the examples I have found use some deprecated call, function
etc..

How would you code a drop down select box??