Hello all,

I'm having a but of an issue. I have two forms. But are simple and
submit to discrete backend controllers. Both have their own set of
views (add, edit, index). Each submit into respective tables in the
database. I'm running cake 1.1.xxx (The current stable release).

So here is my issue. I'm try to just include a common function that is
used in each of the index.thtml files. I've tried a traditional PHP
include. Placed the php file under the site root and tried including
the path and filename. Something I would do under a normal PHP
environment.

The included file will load without issues. Meaning if I use require()
no error is reported. The problem is the function that is inside the
included file is not loaded.

I've read through the other message and have tried the app/vendors and
calling the include file via vendor('filename'); without much luck.

What am I missing here? The function runs fine when I place it
directly into the index.thtml files(s). My problem is I really don't
want to have this in 2 different places. It's the same code. Also I
would put this in the controller but again it would need to be in both
controllers. Does not seem efficient to me.

P-