Adam's proposition makes sense (inasmuch as I'm new to MVC and
CakePHP, so I'll defer to other's wisdom).

I was just wondering if there was a drawback to the idea I suggested,
since it seems to work also.  Again, I'm new to all this so there
might be something I'm not aware of that would cause my one-line hack
to break things.

Thanks again!

- Colin