I am a CakePHP beginner and I am having some wierd issues with getting
a CSS file working. I am linking to the file by using the html helper

<?php echo $html->css('site'); ?>

now heres whats weird. I know its linking because it is getting the
background and font colors I specified but it doesn't get most other
things. For example I am trying to define a simple header:

#header
{

and in my default.thtml I use this

And it doesn't register at all. None of my css declarations are
getting rendered at all. Any ideas on why it would not work? I have
tried different names just in case 'header' was reserved for something
and those didn't work either.

Thanks,
Dave