> now heres whats weird. I know its linking because it is getting the
> background and font colors I specified but it doesn't get most other
> things.

Is there anywhere we can see this in action? It should be pretty easy
to debug using Firefox's developer toolbar and its "inspect element"
option (I never debug CSS without it these days). One possibility: Is
the default Cake stylesheet being included *after* your custom one?
That might cause it to override things due to CSS giving higher
priority to styles that are included later.

Zoe.