Hi,

I am new to cake, but I have run into an annoying issue (I have spend
a few days reading cakephp.org, searching google, reading the IBM turs
etc).

Heres the deal I have two problems:

I am building a site that has some pages with database content that
would require models and controllers; but I am also having several
pages that are static - needless to say they go in: app/views/pages/

For instance: about.thtml, faq.thtml - these pages does IMHO not need
to go to the database, its only a few Kb of data and I like just doing
them as plain html.

We can imagine having one layout for a page with many pictures and
another for a faq that is mostly plain text and just one long column?

Issue:
How do I load different app/views/layouts/ via app/views/pages/? it
seems that some stuff has already rendered by the time we get to the
app/views/pages/ content ... is there a workaround or proper way of
doing it?

Also, we can imagine that one type of page would require the inclusion
of a 60 kb Javascript in the layout whereas another page does not need
to include this...

e.g.

<head>
<title><?php echo $title_for_layout?></title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/mootoolscomp.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

      window.addEvent('domready', function() {

        var Tip = new Tips($$('.Tip'));
        var sliders = $$(".slide");
                var triggers = $$(".slide_trigger") ;

                    triggers.each(function( o, x ){
                                var sl = new Fx.Slide( sliders[x], { } );

                                $(triggers[x]).addEvent('click',function(e){
                                e = new Event(e);
                                sl.toggle();
                                e.stop();
                        })
                sl.hide();
                        });
      });
</script>

<?php echo $html->css('main'); ?>

</head><body>

/// versus a non js enabled page being only ///:

<head>
<title><?php echo $title_for_layout?></title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
<?php echo $html->css('main'); ?>
</head><body>

I am new to this so it might seem trivial, but I would really
appreciate some help as I am going nuts... ;-)