Thank you for your time, but is there no easier way?

I think(?) that the solution you are describing would require me to
make both a model and a controller for each static page.

I tried what you describe, but then for each static page I would need
an *empty* controller and a an *empty* model (pointing to an empty
database table...).

The pages I am talking about does not require a controller or model,
they just need a variable or method for calling the right layout.

I am currently trying to to put the page_controller.php (from Cake/
lib/...) into my app/controller/.. instead, that way I can modify it,
but there simply have to be a simpler way?

I am sure that I am n00bing this one - but I really want to learn
cake, since I can see a huge potential for speedy-development - once I
understand it that is =)

Kind regards

Kristian