http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1178242700

This is the behaviour I use for this purpose.  Basically it looks at
every query, and if you haven't already set any conditions that look
at the owner id (or "artist_id" in your case), then it automatically
appends a condition to only retrieve those owned by the model's
"$active_owner_id" property, or what is in the session.

Using the session in a behaviour like this is a terrible hack - but it
works for us.  If you don't need to do this, remove that stuff and
just always have

$this->Track->active_owner_id = 123;
$tracks = $this->Track->findAll();