I'd really like to take advantage of CakePHP v1.2's Auth and ACL
features, but our user authentication is not stored in a database that
I have access to, it is only accessible via a SSL webservice call.
This means that users will not initially have any related model data
in the User model, and they will *never* have a related password.  I'd
like to still use an action of login for the User model.  From what I
can tell, the only ways I can do this are a bit hackish...which would
be the best (or is there better)?

1. $this->Auth->loginAction = array('admin' => false, 'controller' =>
'members', 'action' => 'someOtherNonUsedActionName');
...then use my login action, calling the Auth login() method.

2. Don't use a User/login route, use something different and call the
Auth login() method; you can then, if you so choose, modify the Router
config file (would that break Auth?)

3. ...and I thought I had a third way with using Auth's
autoRedirect(), but I can't recall what that was at this time.

Surely there's a better, more standardized way to override the default
behavior of the login method when using the Authentication Component
if necessary?