I know this question has been asked before but the answers have not
seemed to help. I am trying to go thru this tutorial and I have
created the user model the register view and the users_controller just
as chapter one said. From the group I have added the "RewriteBase /
cake/" to the .htaccess files under ~/cake/ directory. When I run the
app from localhost I get yhe register screen and I enter the data and
press register. The next screen I see is the object not found 404
error with the url pointing to /localhost/users/register instead of /
cake/users/register. I then copied the .htaccess file to the web root.
It then worked successfully and inserted the row into the database.
However the other applications I am trying ro run such as egroupware
and simple invoices then went to cake also and I could not run them.
So I removed the .htaccess file from root and went back to the 404
error in cake. I feel I am missing something simple here could someone
please point me in the right direction?