I agree with you that virtual hosts may be useful down the line. But
the problem I am having now is that when trying to run the tutorial
from IBM it brings the register screen up fine, but when I press
submit it shows the 404 error object not found and the url shows
localhost/users/register instead of localhost/cake/users/register. To
see the register view I rtpe in localhost/cake/users/register and it
displays fine. I even tried changing the code in the
user_controller.php to point to /cake/users/register instead of what
the tutorial states of /users/register and it did not help. I did add
RewriteBase /cake/ to my /cake directory as a FAQ suggested. This did
not help unless I moved it to my document root in which case cake
worked and my other apps did not!