On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 4:05 AM, scientist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am sending mail using delivery option 'smtp' but it is not sending
> any mail. Also I couldn't find any way to tell the component to use
> TLS because my server supports only encrypted communication.

Hi,

If you look at the source code for the email.php component, you'll find that
when you send an email using the SMTP method, it does so by connecting to
the SMTP server and performing a standard cleartext conversation which means
it does not support TLS (AFAIK).

If you wanted to add TLS support, one option is to download the Swift Mailer
class (which has support for TLS) and modifying the email.php component to
use it.

Hope this helps.

- Gonzalo