Additionally, if it were my app, I'd save the product name also so
that a list for the current cart can be easily displayed at any time.
So, instead of pushing an ID onto the array I'd first grab all of the
products from session, add a new array with both ID & name of latest
product, then both save the products array back to the session as well
as make it available to the view with set().

Just my $0.02