Thats what I'm getting at. I want to make sure when I switch my site
over from wordpress to CakePHP, I want all the readers who subscribe
to my current wordpress rss feed to be automatically subscribed to the
new CakePHP generated rss feed. I was wondering how I would do that.

When you say 'duplicate the template', what do you mean by that. Isn't
an rss feed a specific url? Wouldn't I need to get CakePHP to produce
the same file at the same URL?