> Here's a crazy thought:  you are doing something wrong in your code.
>
> I have found in my vast experience with CakePHP that sessions don't
> magically disappear, but they disappear for a variety of well-known
> reasons.  Some of which you might be able to find by searching this
> Google group.
>
> If you are using CakePHP 1.2, I suggest you check in config/core.php
> and see what you've setSession.checkAgent to be.  If you are doing
> anything with Ajax, you usually need to set this to 'false' or else it
> causes a newsessionto be created, thus dumping all your oldsession
> information.
>

> When doing anything in Cake, I believe there is a really good rule to follow:
>
> Don't assume it's a bug in Cake if your code won't work properly.

But, the question is, why does it happen sometimes (randomly) and not
other times.  I
know exactly what the others are going through, because it is
happening
on my site too. I can do the exact same steps that killed my session,
and it will
work.  If it was a coding error, then it would be reproducible by
doing the exact
same thing that caused it to fail the first time.