On 6 Jun 2008, at 09:57, Grant Cox wrote:

> How do you list "all files" in spotlight?

Okay, wow, that was indeed surprisingly non-straight forward.
As I don't want to start an OS flamewar here, I'll just list the
facts: ;o)

Open the Cake folder.
Hit Cmd+F to initiate a Search.
Make sure the Cake folder is selected in the "Search:" bar.
Hold the Option key and click on the '+' to add a condition (adds a
condition group).
Select "[None] of the following are true" for the group condition.
Select "[Kind] is [Folders]" for the condition.

Here's a screenshot: http://skitch.com/deceze/prr5/spotlight

This applies to 10.5 Leopard, not sure if Condition Groups already
existed in 10.4.

The .svn information should survive, since the Finder generally hides
all "dot files".
Once that's done, exploding a tar on top of the remaining folder
structure via the command line should be simple.