I have to say this thread is a little disappointing. Not because it
takes a direct stab at knocking the code in the core, but rather that
it shows a spirit that is more about "taking" than it is about
"giving". I will never be ashamed to admit that something inside of
Cake is not perfect. The point is that we continue to strive for
perfection. I realize you all have applications to build...I do to.
This project is open source, where we can all benefit from the
collective efforts to improve something. You help improve the
EmailComponent today and tomorrow someone else can help improve
another aspect of the framework. By taking the "easy" way out, the
problem persists, more people are unable to work on new code, and
progress is left up to a small team of dedicated developers. This same
small team who has already provided over 1 million dollars (see Ohloh)
worth of code. Anyway, hopefully we can see people who "think" a
little about what it means to use open source software.