Pardon my previous inarticulate and unhelpful message; I should have
learned by now that answering any question past 2am never leads to any
good.

I agree with Grant in that the most probable reason why you are not
seeing the applied CSS on your second machine is a mod_rewrite issue.
This question pops up on this mailing list almost every week.  A quick
google search of this group will give you several threads that point
you in the right direction.

-Joel.