Pardon the previous cryptic reply (!).
The Blowfish algorithm is more secure than the Security::cipher()
method.  In most cases, if you or your client are overly concerned
with data security, then Blowfish (or its successor, Twofish) are both
viable options for encryption/decryption schemes.  There are dozens of
other algorithms as well, but people tend to cling to their preferred
cipher algorithms religiously; I'm more of an agnostic ;-)

In general, if data security is extremely important for you, I would
recommend hiring a specialized consultant to analyze your workflow and
security measures.  There are far more important things to consider
than the strength of the encryption algorithm used.

Just my Mg== cents.

-Joel.