ail.com> wrote:

>> I build a lot of small web sites and most of them use the same type of
>> controllers so I'd like to be able to have one set of these to update
>> instead of 20 to update every time I make a change. Maybe plugins
>> would be another route to go, but that would require having to update
>> all the sites for every small change I make.
>
> It has been my experience that CakePHP is not well suited to that
> task.  If others have done it, I'm sure they will share their
> experiences.

It is documented in the manual
http://manual.cakephp.org/view/32/installation#advanced-installation-35

I have done it and it works well, but you have to stay on top of
clearing caches in 'all' sites and I have found that sharing the tmp
files just doesn't give good results, there are just too many places
where namespace is overloaded too much

I initially did it with symlinks or external checkouts but this seems
baked into the framework and worked well in my testing