Actually, that is the exact right syntax, just one minor difference.
$html->meta('title of feed', '/controller/action.rss');

Thanks for the help Johnathon!

on a side note: @Chris, the reason why I wanted to see if there was a way to
do it through cake, is two fold: 1) it's a fair bit less text to put into
the code file, making the file itself shorter, and 2) I am still a student,
and I know the HTML/XHTML side of things, but I'm learning how to read code
documentation still, and wanted to know if there was more to the code than I
was reading into it after looking through the html.php file source.

--
In the name of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of my sanity.
Siebren Bakker(Aevum Decessus)