I also had this problem its caused because your not allowing a certain
page. Action, my problem was that I had a element that was dynamically
solved the problem. Here is what my app controller looks like.

class AppController extends Controller {

        var $components = array('Auth');
/**
 * Load the Authentication
 *
 * @access public
 */
        function beforeFilter(){
                $this->layout = 'login';
                $this->Auth->loginAction = array('controller' => 'users',
'action'
=> 'login');
                $this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller' => 'pages',
'action'
=> 'home');
                $this->Auth->logoutRedirect = '/users/login';
                $this->Auth->allow('login');
                $this->Auth->authorize = 'controller';
        }

        function isAuthorized() {