On Sep 5, 2:45 am, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have a client that won't let me use 1.2 because 1.1.19 is tagged as
> stable whereas 1.2 is RC2...
>
> I tried and tried to explain to him the many reasons why it would be
> better and more efficient and more secure etc... to use 1.2 but to no
> avail since all he can see is the 'stable' tag ...
>
> So I was wondering if any one had any insight on when the 1.2 version
> would be tagged as stable.
>
> I really don't want to go back working with 1.1 :( ...
>
> I know the work put into this framework and all I'm asking if there is
> a chance for a stable tagged version within the forthcoming month
> since this would allow me to advocate 1.2 and save myself some
> trouble ...
>
> thanks
>
> ps. I know I'll probably get answers like : 'it'll be out when it'll
> be out', or 'just change client' :) but if the release is close I'd
> hate developing for 1.1.
>
> ps2. And I surely would like to help for the release but I
> unfortunately miss time and skills.

Why is your client deciding how you work?  What if your client told
you to build it in C++ because he likes C++ would you do it?  Or that
he only approves of dreamweaver/homesite as an editor?  Also ask if
your client uses gmail or google calendar?  both of these are beta and
therefore should not be used by his logic.  And honestly what makes
software stable?  no bugs?  then all os'es can be considered
unstable.  Windows gets patches weekly.  mac os and linux also get
frequent patches.  Yet these are considered stable.

-Mark