I see little benefit to this solution, having everything in one table
is not necessarily a good thing.

There are a few drawbacks to this solution...

- Relying on two fields in order to establish an association
- Lack of flexibility. What happens when you decide that Blog comments
need to have additional fields?
- Poor normalization
- Possibly meaningless fields for certain records (i.e.
blog_comment_vote) for Image comment (which does not require any
votes)