On Sep 25, 2008, at 12:24 AM, mark_story wrote:

> Meitar,
>
> I've used drupal quite a bit in the past, and I don't think there is
> really anything that it does as far as content management that cannot
> be done with CakePHP.  If you were to use EAV (expandable) and table
> inheritance you can easily build a data structure much like drupal.
> With an api interface that works like node_load() and node_api_*

Hi Mark,

Oh, I'm sure you're right on that front, since I'm sure you can do
anything with CakePHP just like any other framework. I was mostly
talking about what you get "out of the box." Both Drupal and CakePHP
can be extended, of course, but Drupal's OOTB behavior already has a
bunch of these things that make it more suited to its designed tasks.
The same is true of CakePHP, of course.

Just food for thought, really.

> If you are interested in data structures like these check out
> http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/polymorphic-behavior  as well.
> It solves the issue of resolving table inheritance.
>
> -Mark

This looks interesting, thanks for the pointer!!

Cheers,
--
-Meitar Moscovitz
Personal: http://maymay.net