I looked at the plugin docs again and it wasn't clear whether I would
be able to create relationships between the main app and models from
the plugin and that's what I'm looking for. e.g. Users + Posts, etc

In my work environment, I am looking to establish common master apps
(like User & Group management, higher level reporting functionality,
etc) for use within other cake apps as well as possibly non-cake apps
which I can slightly adapt. Aside from creating One Monster
Application (eww), what are my options? Just plug ins?

I'm devouring books and articles but haven't come across something
that addressed it or provided a solution