Hello everyone,

I've just started developing a website with CakePHP and already hit a
bump. I don't understand why validation is done only when saving the
data to the database. This is a very bad thing because:
- you work with possible invalid data in the controller (let's say
your making a website that calculates things and you want to put just
the result of the operation in the database.. now you are forced to
validate the input in the controller so that you don't get division by
zero, that every input is a number and so on...)
- you are going to do weird hacks for user registration. (hash the
password field but keep the confirm password field intact for
validation.. now validation errors would be displayed for the confirm
password field instead of password. not something you want for a
serious website)

Now.. did I miss something and there is a way to move validation so
that it runs before the controller? I don't even want the controller
to run if there is a validation error...

Razvan.