try not putting anything in the login action. It does what you are
trying to do automatically. You also don't need to redirect to the
referrer as the Auth component stores this automatically. The Auth
component also looks for logout in a new action logout. Thats where to
put your redirect.

Also make sure the password you stored in your database is the hashed
version. You can view a hash result by putting  echo $this->Auth-