Yeah I had the correct controller. What happened is that I didn't pass
a variable I was using within the default.ctp into the action. This
caused a bunch of errors.

The second thing I didn't do is that I wasn't using the html and
JavaScript helpers to include the CSS and JavaScript files correctly
and that was causing the layout error.

Once I fixed that everything worked out just fine.

- Tony