This is a pretty straightforward question, I think, but I can't find
much information about using the page controller effectively, so I
decided to just ask.  My homepage is using the typical page controller
(moved to app/controllers) and home.ctp view.  However, now I need to
make some dynamic information available. I need to load a model, but
only for the homepage.

Given that there's a single page controller (and I don't particularly
want a separate controller for each page), is there any way to tell
the controller to load the model I need, but only when the homepage is
requested? If so, how do I need to modify the PagesController to make
that happen?

Thanks.