Hi RyOnLife

>  Your idea of 301ing to the correct page is better than my thought of
>  404ing.

I think you'd need a 404'er as well, as this is only for items that
exist but have mangled urls.

I'm also thinking of extending it to cover past urls, like a URL
history per item so I can 301 from an old url to the new - but that's
a bit more involved.

> I don't like the idea of having to paste the seoCheck() into
>  all of my controller methods,

I know what you mean. But in actual fact I often only ever have a
couple of methods per controller that require this, as most things are
routed to just a couple of places:

view

So even on a vaguely complex site with articles, pages, products I
reckon I'd only need to call that method 6 times.

I wouldn't want it in beforeFilter as there's more methods that not
want it than would (admin, things used by requestAction etc etc).

> so could we work this into beforeFilter

I decided to just use func_get_args(), which you can't use from a
different method, it's own args take precedence!

I think the router is the place for this, but it was more a proof of
concept than anything, and I\m using it now on a live site (only
needed to place it in 2 methods, and it has 2 core tables, pages and
articles).

Cheers,

Jon

--