It's not advisable to change code directly in cake's core files. Cake is
designed in a way that pretty much everything is customizable on a per
application basis. Furthermore the  xMailer property  is not actually
visible in the email body, it only appears in the email's headers which
are normally tucked away in most email clients so you shouldn't have to
worry about that. To adjust your email layouts you should edit
app/views/layouts/email/html/default.ctp and
app/views/layouts/email/text/default.ctp.