Hello,
 Been a while since i posted here....i ran into a problem and needed
some help...I have two tables as follows:

table1:
name:districts
fields:id,district

table2:
name:mandals
fields:id,mandal,district_id

as you might have guessed i have associated the two tables with the
help of foreign key "district_id". I manually entered the values and
with the help of the values into the tables as:

table1:
id:1
district:Nizamabad

table2:
id:1
mandal:Bhongir
district_id:1

with the help of the belongsTo relationship as defined below

 var $belongsTo = array('District' =>
                            array('className'  => 'District',
                                  'conditions' => '',
                                  'order'      => '',
                                  'foreignKey' => 'district_id'
                            )
                      );
i was able to properly display the name of the district in a simple
table in a view by using the code below
                <th>Sno.</th>
                <th>District</th>
                <th>Mandal</th>
                <th>Action</th>

        <!-- Here is where we loop through our $mandals array, printing out
mandal info -->

        <?php $i=1; ?>
        <?php foreach ($mandals as $mandal): ?>
['id']); ?></td>
        <?php endforeach; ?>

I wish to now create a form which contains the following fields and
save the data into table2(mandals):
Mandal Name:
Districts:

I want the Districts field to be a dropdown list which is populated
with the name of the districts, but i want the corresponding id of the
district to be stored in table2 district_id field when the save button
is clicked.

Will appreciate any help that can be offered ive been trying to figure
something out since 3 days...i tried using:
$this->set('districtslist', $this->District->find('list'));
along with  echo $form->select('district_id',$districtslist,null,array
(),'select one');

but i end up populating the select list with the id's of the
districts. by using
$this->set('districtslist', $this->District->find('all'));
the select list gets populated with the data of all the fields from
both the tables.

Please Help!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
forrestgump