While it's definitely possible to do the things you're talking about
with CakePHP you might just want to take advantage of the Server Side
Include technology that HTML can do natively.  Every time you add on
another layer of technology (in this case PHP, and then CakePHP) you
add some complexity into your processes.  CakePHP is a great tool, but
it's not the answer for everything necessarily so just keep that mind
as you move forward.

- Keith