Heh, thank you Miles for the spelling correction.

The email component is being called. The e-mail is set to go to my
normal account which is my gmail address ($this->Email->to =
'k3ho...@gmail.com';). I never receive any mail when i use my form.
The only logic that could stop send() is if validation does not pass
but i've tried removing all validation rules. When I check $this->data
it shows up properly. I'm running off localhost (is there perhaps
server settings that i'm ignorant of?). I can add the SMTP server
settings of the host that the app will eventually be running off of.
The more questions you ask about SMTP the more I'm thinking that I
need to read about my localhost mail settings. I'll begin to do so.
Any more direction is much appreciated.