Hi

I'm looking to use wordpress and cakephp to develop a site.  I would
like to use wordpress for basic cms functionality i.e. administration,
news & events, uploading publications etc. with cakephp being used for
functionality on the site, registration, members area etc.  I could
attempt all in cakephp, but wordpress would cut down a lot of work.
Can anyone give me advice on this, experience, am i going down the
wrong path?

Many thanks

Ross