I know there has been another thread about this, but I want to say
that newcomers looking at http://www.yiiframework.com/performance
might be afraid of investing into using CakePHP 1.2.

>From those numbers, Yii with APC on is about 10x faster than CakePHP
(!?)

Even compared to CakePHP 1.1, CakePHP 1.2 with APC on is 5 times
slower.

I feel that maybe before the CakePHP developers rush to add even more
features into 1.3, they might want to take a step back and look into
improving the performance in 1.2.

As someone said even though faster to develop with is good, but in the
current economy people might be interested in saving on server costs
too.

The benchmark on that site doesn't include any database access, which
is something I'd like to see. Maybe CakePHP would make it up when
working with a large database?