Hey guys,
  Needed help with this one...seems as though it was never answered
anywhere in the group so i think it will help a lot of people-

I have a validation criteria in my Model defined as below:
class District extends AppModel
{

  var $validate = array(
                        'district' => array(
                                    'rule' => 'alphaNumeric',
                                    'message' => 'Error: Empty District Field',
                                    'allowEmpty' => false
                                            )

                                           );

}

Now when the user inputs an empty district field, the save does not
take place as expected. what I would like to do is to somehow print
the 'message' --- 'Error: Empty District Field', that i supplied in
the array above. I was expecting Cake to do it automatically but it
seems iam wrong. Will appreciate any help given.

Thanx again,
Forrestgump