Hi Alfredo, thanks for your support, I really appreciate it.
I cah do some test this evening, but I'm not sure on what you suggest
to do. I mean, I can remove acl tables and component and keep auth in
place but I'm pretty sure that in that way is going to work and I
agree with you that the issue is probably in acl, as I can correctly
logon and I got the right user info from $this->auth->user(). So
there's something wrong in the permission.

Andrea