I have the following query:

            $aParams = array(
                'fields' => array(
                    "ifnull(CcCall.destination, 'Total')    as destination"
                    ,'sec_to_time(sum(CcCall.sessiontime))  as duration'
                    ,'truncate(sum(CcCall.sessionbill), 2)  as charged'
                )
                ,'conditions' => $aConditions
                ,'group' => 'CcCall.destination with rollup'
                ,'limit' => 1
            );

$aDestinationSummary = $this->CcCall->find('all', $aParams);

which returns data as follows:

2009-02-07 23:52:19 Debug: Array
(
    [0] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [destination] => algeria cellular algerie telecom
                    [duration] => 00:01:30
                    [charged] => 0.51
                )

        )

)

Typically I would use Set::extract to extract the data I want and
format it to json to be rendered by the view. However, in this
particular case, the data is returned in such a way that doesn't at
least at first glance allow me to use Set::extract.

Questions:

1- Is there a way to format the query above in such a way that returns
the Model Name as the sub-index for the arrays, hence allowing me to
use Set::extract?

2- If 1 is not possible or even if it is, Do we hae a way to just get
the elements containing data from the array. For instance, something
like the following:

$aDestSummary = Set::extract($aDestinationSummary, '{n}');

I can always use regular php to iterate over the code and extract what
I want; just wondering what the different approaches would be in this
particular case, since I've come to really like Set::extract.

Thanks in advance,

3- Bonus question while I am at it:

Rails has a respond_to method that allows you to completely bypass the
view and render from within the controller. This is quite helpful for
instances where you are doing lots of ajax. Currently my application
is 100 % ajax/javascript in the front end. I usually get the data that
I want, set the variables for the views and render from there. It
would be nice however to render right from my controller since I
already have everything I want there and my view is nothing but an
echo of json. Is there a respond_to equivalent or a similar approach?

Thanks in advance,

Alfredo