I am not really an expert on routing, but i'd say that you need to
specify ext => rss like this:

Router::connect('/presses/rss', array('controller' => 'presses',
                                     'action' => 'rss_feed',
                                     'ext' => 'rss'
                                ) );

Side note:
Since your action is called rss_feed I assume that you don't really
have a "standard" view for it, right? You only really need to mess
with parse extensions when you want the same action to render in more
than one way. For example if /presses/index lists all presses and /
presses/index.rss lists them in an rss feed. Same controller different
views.