On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 5:23 AM, Miles J <mileswjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do __($var) all the time, just make sure the value of var exists in
> default.po.
>
> $var = 'name';
>
> msgid "name"
> msgstr "Name"

I'm not sure I follow your example. You're basically saying add the
translation manually for 'name' to the .po file. Am I right? If so, it
doesn't solve my problem as the next time I do a cake i18n extract, it will
create a .pot file *without* the dynamic keys like "name" and poEdit will
complain saying it is an obsolete key as it only exists in the .po file and
not the .pot file, and it will remove the translation from the po file.

- Gonzalo