I am sure there is a way to get this done, just not sure if I am
missing something. Further details below:

Issue:
=========

Need to re-direct after session has expired or cleared.

=========

I am currently only using the Auth component to handle my
authentication. No ACL for now. In my AppController I have:

        public function beforeFilter() {
                parent::beforeFilter();
                $this->Auth->loginAction = array('controller' => 'portal',
'action'
=> 'login');
                $this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller' => 'portal',
'action' => 'main');
                $this->Auth->logoutRedirect = array('controller' => 'portal',
'action' => 'index');
                $this->Auth->autoRedirect = false;
        } // End of beforeFilter()

Everything works great. The only issue I currently have is the following:

After the session expire, I am not being re-directed or kicked out of
the main view.

I am only using cakephp as my backend engine. All my front end is
built using something else and all I do is send ajax requets. I've
also looked at the property ajaxLogin under Auth; but after further
inspection of the code to try to understand what it does I found the
part in auth.php where I think it's being called. See below:

auth.php from cakephp

                } else {
                        if (!$this->user()) {
                                if (!$this->RequestHandler->isAjax()) {

$this->Session->setFlash($this->authError, 'default', array(), 'auth');
                                        $this->Session->write('Auth.redirect',
$url);
                                        $controller->redirect($loginAction,
null, true);
                                        return false;
                                } elseif (!empty($this->ajaxLogin)) {
                                        $controller->viewPath = 'elements';
                                        echo
$controller->render($this->ajaxLogin, 'ajax');
                                        $this->_stop();
                                        return false;

There are no re-directs there, it's rendering as the property
documentation describes.

How can I ensure that after I am logged in if the session expires the
user is re-directed back to the login page for any request coming in.?

Thanks in advance,

Alfredo